Supporting Measures for Multi-ride / Periodic Tickets
for Reserved Seats Only Service
During Epidemic Prevention Period
In line with the government's epidemic prevention measures, THSR has implemented reserved seats only service during the Epidemic Prevention Period since May 15. As non-reserved seats service is not provided, multi-ride / periodic tickets remain suspended until non-reserved seat service resumes, and the relevant supporting measures are as follows:
Ticket validity period shall be extended and extra 27 days are provided
- If the expiry dates of the periodic and multi-ride tickets fall among the affected duration, the number of days extended shall be in accordance with the "Periodic Tickets Guides" and "Multi-Ride Tickets Guides” regulations. In addition, THSR shall extend the expiry date by an additional 27 days.
- For periodic / multi-ride tickets which comply with the requirements of expiry date extension, the system will automatically calculate the extended expiry date*. Passengers may check the ticket's extended expiry date from the "Travel Information Inquiry" kiosks in the stations, or through the "Multi-Ride and Periodic Ticket Inquiry System" on the THSR website, or in the THSR App. Besides, when passengers pass through ticket gate with periodic / multi-ride tickets, the extended validity period will also be displayed.
*Remark: As the end date of reserved seat only service has not been decided, the extension parameter setting is temporarily based on the assumption that it will be implemented until 9/30.
Validity period extension examples of 30-day Periodic / Multi-ride Tickets:
Additional one free reserved seat ticket and one half-price standard seat coupon is provided for Multi-ride Ticket passengers
- For multi-ride tickets purchased between 2021/02/26~05/14 (inclusive), and the rides available are fully utilized within the validity period within 86 days* after non-reserved seat service resumes, passengers may, before the assigned due date*, redeem one reserved seat ticket of the same station-to-station interval for free and one half-price reserved seat coupon from the station's ticket counter by presenting the multi-ride ticket eligible for the promotion.
*Remark: The conditions mentioned above will be updated as soon as the date of resuming non-reserved seat service is decided.
- Passengers eligible for the promotion will be able to redeem the free reserved seat ticket about 40 minutes after utilizing all their rides. The rules are as follows:
- When redeeming the free reserved seat ticket, the station-to-station interval of the ride should be the same as that of the multi-ride tickets purchased earlier. It is not permitted by paying additional charge for changing the station-to-station interval or upgrading to a business class seat. And the station-to-station interval of half-price standard seat coupon is not limited.
- There would be no refund amount for the free reserved seat tickets. The refund amount for redeemed half-price reserved seat tickets shall be calculated by deducting the refund processing fee from the actual fare charged. However, the promotion is deemed to have been utilized and the passenger no longer qualifies for the promotion.
Refund Constrains and Policies
- In case of no more riding requirement and refund is requested, the short-term advantageous refund policies are provided. Once the tickets are refunded, they will no longer be qualified for additional validity period extension, nor can they be redeemed for free reserved seat ticket and the half-price standard seat coupon, which was provided exclusively for Multi-ride Tickets. In addition, refund process will take a maximum of 15 working days.
- Advantageous refund policy for Periodic Tickets
- Refund amount is calculated by the proportion to the "remaining days" of Periodic Ticket. In case of calculating the remaining days, 3 additional "remaining days" will be added, and the maximum refund amount is the actual fare paid at purchase.
- Because the refund shall be handled manually, the Periodic Tickets would be collected and the card issuance fee (NT$100) shall be returned.
- Advantageous refund policy for Multi-ride Tickets
- Refund amount is calculated by the proportion to the "remaining rides" of Multi-ride Ticket. In case of calculating the remaining rides, 2 additional "remaining rides" will be added, and the maximum refund amount is the actual fare paid at purchase.
- Because the refund shall be handled manually, the Multi-ride Tickets would be collected and the card issuance fee (NT$100) shall be returned.
- The short-term advantageous refund policies for Multi-ride Tickets will be implemented from the announcement day (6/1) until the end of the next month following the resumption of non-reserved seats service. Afterwards, refunds request handlings and calculations will follow the "Multi-Ride Tickets Guides."
- Passengers may inquire the extended ticket validity period and promotion redemption status from the "Travel Information Inquiry" kiosks in the stations, or through the "Multi-Ride and Periodic Ticket Inquiry System" on the THSR website.
- Unless otherwise specified, the promotion shall be handled in accordance with THSR's "Passenger Transportation Contract", "Periodic Tickets Guides" and "Multi-Ride Tickets Guides" regulations.
- THSRC reserves the right to adjust or terminate these measures.