Supporting Measures for Multi-ride / Periodic Tickets
for Reserved Seats Only Service During 2021 Chinese New Year Holidays
In line with the government's epidemic prevention measures, THSR shall be providing reserved seats only service during the 2021 Chinese New Year Holidays from February 8 to 16. As non-reserved seats service will not be provided, multi-ride/periodic tickets shall be suspended, and the relevant supporting measures are as follows:
Ticket validity period shall be extended by 12 days
- If the expiry dates of the periodic and multi-ride tickets fall between February 8 and February 16, the number of days extended shall be in accordance with the "Periodic Tickets Guides" and "Multi-Ride Tickets Guides” regulations. In addition, besides resuming the use of periodic and multi-ride tickets on February 17 to 19, THSR shall extend the expiry date by an additional 3 days, which is a total of 12 days.
- For periodic/multi-ride tickets which comply with the requirements of expiry date extension, the system will automatically calculate the extended expiry date, and update it when the passenger passes through the gantry with the periodic /multi-ride ticket.
- Passengers may check the ticket's extended expiry date from the "Travel Information Inquiry" kiosks in the stations, or through the "Multi-Ride and Periodic Ticket Inquiry System" on the THSR website, or in the THSR APP.
Refund Constrains for Period Ticket
- Because periodic ticket service is resumed during February 17 to 19 and the expiry date is extended, if passengers intend to refund the ticket after the extension, the refund shall be handled manually. And the refund process will take a maximum of 15 working days, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.
- Validity period extension examples of 30-day periodic/multi-ride tickets:
Additional one non-reserved seat ticket of 50% discount are provided for Multi-ride Ticket passengers
- For multi-ride tickets purchased before 2021/2/7 (inclusive), and the rides available are fully utilized within the validity date between 2/17~4/19, passengers may, before 2021/4/30 (inclusive), purchase one non-reserved seat ticket from the station's ticket counter at 50% discount for the same station-to-station interval by presenting the multi-ride ticket eligible for the promotion.
- The price of a half-price non-reserved seat ticket is calculated based on 50% of the full fare of a non-reserved seat; the full fare of a non-reserved seat shall be in accordance with the fare as published in THSR stations.
- Passengers eligible for the promotion will be able to purchase a 50% discount non-reserved seat ticket about 40 minutes after utilizing all their rides. The rules are as follows:
- When redeeming the half-price non-reserved seat ticket, the station-to-station interval of the ride has to be the same as that of the multi-ride tickets purchased earlier. Changing the station-to-station interval or changing to a reserved seat cabin at additional charge is not permitted.
- The refund amount for half-price non-reserved seat tickets shall be calculated by deducting the refund processing fee from the actual fare charged. However, the promotion is redeemed to have been utilized and the passenger no longer qualifies for the promotion.
- Passengers may inquire the 50% discount non-reserved seat ticket redemption status from the "Travel Information Inquiry" kiosks in the stations, or through the "Multi-Ride and Periodic Ticket Inquiry System" on the THSR website.
- This promotion may not be combined with other promotions.
- Unless otherwise specified, the promotion shall be handled in accordance with THSR's "Passenger Transportation Contract" and "Multi-Ride Tickets Guides” regulations.
THSRC reserves the right to adjust or terminate these measures.