Tickets and Fares
- Please keep the tickets well. Except for the loss of registered Multi-Ride Tickets or Periodic Tickets which may be reported according to Multi-Ride Tickets Guides and Periodic Tickets Guides, THSR shall accept no replacement or refund for lost Tickets. The refund of tickets shall be claimed within the valid period.
- Reserved seat tickets of Business Car and Standard Car are valid for the specified date and train number. Non-reserved seat tickets are valid for the specified date, but seats are not guaranteed.
- Passengers who change to ride in cars or trains of higher fare shall make up the difference of fare for pass-through intervals after the change of cars or Trains. Passengers who change to ride in cars or trains of lower fare will not be refunded with the difference in fare.
- For passengers who need to purchase concession tickets, please bring IDs proving qualification to purchase or pick up tickets. (Passengers under the age of 12 can purchase Child Tickets. Passengers over the age of 65 can purchase the Senior Tickets. Nations who have disabled cards, they and their companion can purchase Disabled Tickets.)※The concessional terms of "public transportation" should be printed on the back of the disabled cards, then the companion shall purchase a concession ticket with 50% off discount. )
- Do not cross the yellow line while waiting. When the train is arriving, the "warning lights" placed on the platform will light up. Take refuge in the recess area and shout for help if you fall onto the track. Other people, please immediately press the emergency stop button installed on the platform.
- Due to causes attributable to THSR, a train arriving at the passengers' destination at a time later than the time scheduled for thirty minutes or more, passengers may apply for a refund of the actual fare paid without processing fee within one year from such date.
- When passengers take trains with tickets, the travel time from the commencement of ride to the end of ride shall not exceed three and a half hours. In the event of a violation, passengers may be additionally charged.
Personal belongings / Carried Objects
Passenger's Personal Belongings Notice
Passengers shall not exceed 150cm in length per piece, or 220cm in total length, width and height per piece, and 40kg in total weight.
Regulations of Traveling with Pets
No animals shall be carried into the zone of THSR, except any of the following circumstances:
- Dogs, cats, turtles, rabbits, fishes and shrimps are placed in container with length, width, and height dimensions not exceeding 55cm, 45cm, and 38cm, and such container shall be well secured free from any possibility of leakage of feces and liquid and be placed in front of the seating area without interrupting other passengers or pets escaping from the container.
- Passengers may not release animals from their containers. Containers that contain animals may not be placed on seats, tray tables, luggage racks above the seats, or luggage storage areas inside the cars. They must be placed at the front of the passenger seat. Each passenger with a ticket may only bring one animal container without additional charge. If passengers intend to bring two animal containers, they may purchase an adult ticket for an adjacent seat. The containers must be placed at front of the adjacent seat. Each passenger with a ticket may only bring a maximum of two animal containers onto a train.
- On-duty police dogs, guide dogs, or guide puppies escorted by professional personnel (trainers).
Storage of Baby Strollers in the Luggage Storage Areas
If a baby stroller is needed to be stored in the luggage storage area after folding, please inform the ticket officer voluntarily when purchasing tickets to facilitate seating arrangement. Nevertheless, the actual storage of baby stroller is dependent on the utilization of the luggage storage area at the time.
Storage of Bicycles
- Soft bicycle travel bag: No extra charge will be collected if the front and back wheels are removed and placed in a bag which complies with standards for personal belongings. Each passenger is limited to one piece per person. However, the bicycle must be placed in the luggage storage area in the front and back of each car. If the bicycle travel bag exceeds the dimensions of personal belongings, it shall be handled in accordance with Subparagraph 3.
- Hard bicycle travel case: The contents and dimensions must be labeled on the exterior. Cases with wheels must have a brake function, or the case must have a handle or drawstring for safety purposes. No extra charge will be collected if the case complies with standards for personal belongings. Each passenger is limited to one piece per person. However, the case must be placed in the luggage storage area in the front and back of each car. If the case exceeds the dimensions of personal belongings, it shall be handled in accordance with Subparagraph 3.
- For restrictions on personal belongings applicable to the dimensions of the soft bicycle travel bag or hard bicycle travel case, the total of the length, width, and height of the bicycle bag/case is limited to 240 cm. When placing inside a car, the height may not exceed 120 cm and the length may not exceed 100 cm (approximately the length of two seats). Meanwhile, the width may not exceed 35 cm, and the weight may not exceed 40 kg. If the object is to be placed inside the car, an adult ticket (or two tickets, depending on the need of the passenger) of a window seat of the first three-seat row in cars 1 through 5 in the direction that the train is moving must be purchased. Passengers must go to a ticket window before the departure time and inform the ticket officer to make seating arrangement. If such seats are not available on the train that the passenger intends to take, the passenger should take a later train. This service is not applicable during adjusted periods announced by the Company (based on the dates announced on the Company's website).
- When passengers bring their personal bicycle travel bag/case, the Company's personnel will inspect the bag/case at the gate or on the train. Transport services may be denied if the bag/case does not comply with the Company's regulations.
Musical Instrument Carried by Passengers
In the event, a musical instrument carried by a passenger exceeded the limit for the size of a carry-on for passengers, but its height, width, and length are less than 200 cm, 40 cm, and 70 cm, it can be carried on board and placed on assigned seat. The passenger shall purchase a full fare ticket for such instrument.
Passengers who are allowed to carry the musical instrument will be arranged to sit at the first row of seats of the reserved cars. If the kind of seats on the train that the passengers intend to take are sold out, the passenger should take the next one.
No dangerous goods, trolleys without a brake, inflated balloons, poultry, and pet birds.
No Explosive/Flammable/Volatile/Radioactive/Toxic/Oxidizing/Corrosive/Infectious Materials & Other Dangerous Items/Non-medical compressed gas cylinders.
Train Riding Etiquette
- Smoking is prohibited in the on-board trains. And please do not chew betel nuts in the train.
- Please do not eat smelly food on the train.
- Please switch any phone or electronic device to silent mode and talk in a low voice during calls.
- To ensure a pleasant journey for everyone, please do not take off your shoes or put your feet on the seat pocket.
- Please do not sit on the armrests or dinner tables.
- Please keep the seat clean and use the trash bin and resource recycling bin at the entrance of the car.
For more details, please refer to the instruction pages of Guidelines for Passengers of Taiwan High Speed Rail Corporation.