College Student Discounts (Domestic College Only)
- Those who are currently enrolled in a domestic university/college in Taiwan are eligible (Passengers who are eligible must present a valid student ID card when boarding).
- 50% off, 25% off, or 12% off are offered from 2019/9/1.
Discount Fare Chart
University/College Student Discounts – 50% Discount and 25% Discount Fare Chart
The fares shown in the blue section are those with a 25% discount | the fares shown in the red section are those with a 50% discount
University/College Student Discounts – 12% Discount Fare Chart
The fares shown in the green section are those with a 12% discount
- “Domestic university/college” refers to all universities, colleges, military/police schools, and religious schools in Taiwan. However, open universities, open continuing colleges, and continuing education programs/cram schools run by universities/colleges do not count.
- The discounts are only applicable to designated train numbers, and for only the standard class reserved seats (Not applicable to the business class reserved seats and non-reserved seats).
- The purchase channels for the discount tickets are as follows:
- Purchase can be made through THSR's online booking system(Chinese Version), through the “T-EX Mobile App,” at THSR partnered convenience stores (7-11, FamilyMart, Hi-Life, and OK Mart), or at the ticket windows at every THSR station.
- Those who have booked their tickets can pay for and collect them through the “T-EX Mobile App,” at partnered convenience stores, or through ticket windows or ticket vending machines at THSR stations.
- When boarding, passengers shall present a valid student ID card for verification purposes(Electronic certification is not acceptable). THSR conducts random ID verification checks at the ticket gates and on the trains. Those who are unable to present a valid student ID card shall pay the full fare pursuant to relevant regulations. THSR may charge an additional penalty fee of 50% of the fare difference.
- Please board the train based on the train number, car number, and designated departure and destination points specified on the ticket. Those who wish to change their rides or take seats in cars that have higher fares shall pay up the full price, and will be charged an additional penalty fee of 50% of the fare difference.
- The discounts may not be used in conjunction with other promotional offers (such as preferential tickets, group tickets, ticket exchange certificates, or early bird discounts).
- Except as stipulated in the aforementioned rules, the rest of the operational matters shall be handled pursuant to relevant regulations stated in THSR's Passenger Transportation Contract.
- The train numbers, promotional details, and other matters needing attention for this discount program shall be subject to what is published on THSR's website. THSR Corporation reserves the right to change or terminate this program.