- The early-bird discount tickets will be available for purchase on the date announced by the company. The last day they are available is 5 days prior to the boarding date (inclusive). Only a limited number of tickets are available, please make your purchase early. For example, if a passenger wishes to ride with THSR on 9/1, he or she has the chance to purchase a ticket at the early bird discount of 35 %, 20%, or 10% off before 8/29. Tickets purchased between 8/29 to 9/1 will return to their original prices.
- The early-bird discount is only applicable to one-way adult tickets for reserved seats in standard cars. If you wish to purchase round trip tickets, please purchase them separately. The last 5 digits of the passenger's ID number will be printed on the ticket. Only the registered passenger will be permitted to use it.
- The early bird discount of 35% off, 20% off, or 10% off are offered with limited quantity for the trains. If tickets with an early bird discount of 35% off are sold out, then tickets with an early bird discount of 20% off are offered. If 20% off tickets are sold out, then tickets with an early bird discount of 10% off are offered.
- When purchasing multiple tickets in one order, customers can only enjoy early bird discounts when there are still available seats allocated.
- The last 5 digits of the passenger's ID number or passport number will be printed on the ticket.
Seats with the early bird discount are allocated according to riding capacities of peak or off peak time. Each day, each train has different number of seats with early bird discount available. The early bird discount is not offered for some trains of super peak time. Some early bird tickets of peak time do not offer 35% off or 20% off discount. Passengers may refer to the early bird timetable on THSR corporate website for details.
Discount Fare Chart
Purchase, Modification and Refund
- When purchasing early-bird discount tickets, please input each passenger's ID number or passport number, and complete the payment within the designated time. Failure to pay by the due date will result in automatic cancellation.
[Note] The early-bird discount is only valid for the registered passenger. To protect your rights, please ensure that the passenger's ID number or passport number is correct, do not input incorrect or random information.
- Those who have booked their tickets can pay for and collect them through the「T Express」App, at THSR partnered convenience stores, or through ticket windows or ticket vending machines at THSR stations.
- No change of passenger's ID number will be accepted after the reservation for the early-bird discount ticket is completed. If you wish to change the ticket's registered ID number, please cancel the reservation and purchase a new one. The selling price will be recalculated and the original purchase discount will not be held in reserve.
- The change or refund of tickets shall be processed no later than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of the corresponding train on the designated date.
- If the itinerary details of the early-bird discount ticket are changed, the original purchase discount will not be held in reserve.
Please note the following:
The itinerary details cannot be changed for reservation records without payment. If you wish to change the itinerary details, please cancel the reservation and purchase a new ticket.
Before picking up the ticket, the itinerary details of the reservation records for which payment has been made can be changed via the THSR online booking system or the “T Express” app. The system will calculate the price based on the selling price, and the fare difference will be made up (or refunded) accordingly.
For those who change their tickets at station ticket windows, the original early-bird discount shall not be applicable to the changed ticket.
- Passengers holding early-bird discount tickets shall present the original copy of their identification documents matching the identification documents registered on the tickets for inspection. Those who are unable to present an identification document or whose ID number does not match are required to pay the full fare according to the regulations for invalid tickets. Additionally, they will be charged an additional 50% of the fare difference as a penalty. No refund will be given for the original ticket. The aforementioned “original copy of identification documents” refer to ID cards or other documents issued by the government that include a photo and ID number to sufficiently prove the passenger's identity.
- Please board the train based on the train number, car number, and designated departure and destination points specified on the ticket. Those who wish to change their rides or take seats in cars that have higher fares shall pay up the full price, and will be charged an additional penalty fee of 50% of the fare difference.
- For passengers who are disembarking at a station beyond the original destination and therefore need to pay the ticket price difference during a journey, the original purchase discount shall not be applicable to the fare for the additional leg of the journey. Passengers who wish to upgrade their ticket to business class shall pay the difference in fares for part of the journey that is in business class. Additionally, the original purchase discount shall not be applicable to the additional fare for business class.
- For passengers who have not yet entered the station barriers and have lost their early-bird discount tickets, please bring your original copy of identification documents to a station's ticket window to report the lost ticket. Once the company has verified that the ID number registered on the reservation records matches the identification document provided by the passenger, the passenger shall fill out an Affidavit Letter and choose one of the following methods to handle it. No lost ticket application will be accepted if the lost ticket has already been used before reporting it as lost.
Refund: The ticket must be reported lost at least 30 minutes before the train departs. No refund will be issued after the deadline. After a lost ticket has expired and is confirmed by the company as unused, a refund will be issued based on 80% of the actual ticket fare, and the refund fee will also be deducted.
Reissue a new ticket: Passengers shall bear the reissue handling fee of NT$30 for each ticket. The company will reissue tickets based on the itinerary details of the original tickets, however, each seat can be reissued only once. If a passenger wishes to modify or refund the reissued ticket, the fee will be charged in accordance with “1.Refund” above.
- For passengers who have lost their early-bird discount tickets after entering the station barriers, please inform the ticket officer and provide identification documents. The ticket officer will charge an additional fare in accordance with the regulations for traveling without a valid ticket. Furthermore, the additional fare receipt will indicate “Lost and Repurchased” with the last 4 digits of the passenger's ID number. After the end of the journey, passengers may apply for a refund within one year by using the "Lost and Repurchased" ticket along with their identification document or the original ticket. The refund fee shall be the remaining amount after deducting handling fees from 80% of the fare for the "Lost and Repurchased" ticket. However, if the original ticket has a record of exiting a station, the "Lost and Repurchased" ticket does not indicate the passenger's ID number, or the indicated ID number does not match the original ticket, no refund will be issued.
- Unless it is regulated otherwise herein, the rest of operations shall abide by the regulations of the Passenger Transportation Contract and any relevant laws and rulings accordingly.