- The early bird discount of 35% off, 20% off, or 10% off are offered with limited quantity for the trains which will depart 5 days later (including the booking date). The earlier the passengers book, the greater chance they enjoy the 35% off early bird discount. If tickets with an early bird discount of 35% off are sold out, then tickets with an early bird discount of 20% off are offered. If 20% off tickets are sold out, then tickets with an early bird discount of 10% off are offered.
- For example, if a passenger wishes to ride with THSR on 9/1, he or she has the chance to purchase a ticket at the early bird discount of 35 %, 20%, or 10% off before 8/29. Tickets purchased between 8/29 to 9/1 will return to their original prices.
- Early bird discount applies to Reserved Standard Seats and adult tickets only (excluding business class, non-reserved seats, preferential tickets, group tickets and other promotion programs).
Seats with the early bird discount are allocated according to riding capacities of peak or off peak time. Each day, each train has different number of seats with early bird discount available. The early bird discount is not offered for some trains of super peak time. Some early bird tickets of peak time do not offer 35% off discount.Passengers may refer to the early bird timetable on THSR corporate website for details.
- Early bird discount is available at all booking channels. For the convenience of passengers, it is recommended that tickets are purchased through the THSR online booking system, phone booking hotline, 「T Express」or THSR partnered convenience stores.
- THSR's online booking system, 「T Express」 and THSR partnered convenience stores also are able to search for trains with an early bird discount. Passengers are able to search for available trains with an early bird discount.
- Please board the train based on the train number, car number, and designated departure and destination points specified on the ticket. Those who wish to change their rides or take seats in cars that have higher fares shall pay up the full price, and will be charged an additional penalty fee of 50% of the fare difference.
- The change or refund of tickets shall be processed no later than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of the corresponding train on the designated date.
- When purchasing multiple tickets in one order, customers can only enjoy early bird discounts when there are still available seats allocated.
- If any changes or return of tickets with early bird discount within the discount period are applied, the original seats offered with early bird discount will be released to other passengers.
- Changes in the discount rates, date, and other rules shall be subject to further announcement. THSR Corporation reserves the right to change or terminate this program.
Unless it is regulated otherwise herein, the rest of operations shall abide by the regulations of the Passenger Transportation Contract and any relevant laws and rulings accordingly.