This Personal Information Protection Statement is hereby made by Taiwan High Speed Rail Corporation (THSRC) so as to prevent harm on personality rights, and to facilitate the proper use of personal information of our customers (hereinafter referred to as the “Customer”).
- Customer who provides the personal information to THSRC has the following rights as prescribed in Article 3 of Personal Information Protection Act (hereinafter referred to as the “Law”):
- Right to inquire, review and making copies of personal information subject to a reasonable cost pay to THSRC. However, THSRC has the right to reject any request shall the request affect THSRC or any third party's interest.
- Right to request to supplement or correct the personal information;
- Right to request to discontinue the collection, processing or use of the personal information or to delete when the purpose of the use of the information has been expired or fulfilled except the information is necessary for THSRC's execution on business purposes.
- Customer may exercise his/her legal rights regarding his/her personal information by contacting THSRC's customer service center or presenting his/her personal identification and submitting an application in person at the information center of each THSR station.
- Determination of the request for inquire, review or making copies of the personal information will be made within 15 days after receipt thereof. This decision-making period may be extended if necessary. The notification of rejection of the request will be made and provided in writing.
- Determination of the request for the following matters will be made within 30 days after receipt thereof. This decision-making period may be extended if necessary. The notification of rejection of the request will be made and provided in writing.
- Request to supplement or correct the personal information;
- Request to discontinue the processing or use of the personal information in the event of a dispute regarding the accuracy of personal information
- Request to delete or discontinue processing or using the personal information when the specific purpose no longer exists or time period expires
- Request to delete or discontinue processing or using the personal information in the cases where a violation of the Law occurred during collecting, processing or using that information by THSRC.
Customer hereby confirms that the personal information is provided by him/herself, otherwise the person who provides the information shall inform THSRC of his/her relationship with the Customer and the source of the information. Customer hereby confirms having read the relevant regulations and agrees to provide the personal information to THSRC.