Period opens for booking
The system provides reservation for the train which departure date is no more than 28 days later. Nevertheless, on the travel day, the on-line reservation is only applicable to the train which departure time is no less than 5 minutes before train departure. The period open for booking is subject to change by notice.
Types and Numbers
- The service provides reservations of reserved seats, including Adult Tickets, Child Tickets, Senior Tickets, Disabled Tickets, and College Tickets.
- A maximum of 10 tickets permitted for each booking, for return tickets, a maximum of 5 tickets can be booked at a time.
- To be eligible to purchase a College Ticket, the passenger must be a student who is currently registered in the ROC government accredited college.
- Senior Tickets or Disabled Tickets can be purchased only by the passengers having ID Cards of R.O. C..
- Reservations of Group Tickets or Accessible Seats shall refer to the ticketing regulations.
Business Car Seats Modification Service
- "Modify Seats" can only be used for Business Car passengers. For every reservation, it is allowed to select seat(s) once for every single trip. (If the reservation includes round-trip tickets, it is allowed to choose seats once for each trip.)
- It is not allowed to change partial number of seats, and the seat(s) cannot be resumed to the original seat(s) after being changed.
- This service is not applicable for the day of departure, or the number of available seats is less than the number of tickets required, or for the reservation which the ticket(s) has been issued.
- Payment: After booking, please pay by the payment deadline through this service or online booking system. Payments and collection of tickets can also be made at the THSR stations and our partnering convenience stores. Failure to pay by the due date will result in automatic cancellation of the booking.
- Accept Visa, MasterCard, JCB and American Express credit card payments online. (Notice: T Express only accepts American Express® Cards issued by American Express International Taiwan Incorporation, CTBC Bank Co., Ltd., and SinoPac Bank Co., Ltd. For other American Express Card holders, please purchase tickets at the Ticket Window.)
- Also accept payments with Apple Pay and Google Pay. (Some credit cards set to offer payments in-app recently are temporary not accepted.)
- Passengers could also make payment via electronic convenience store payment barcode produced by T Express, and get physical tickets for your trip. (Notice: For departure within 30 min., the convenience store barcode payment function will be turned off. Please refer to the relevant instructions for convenience store ticketing service.)
- Payment Terms：
- For departure three days after booking, the payment should be made within three days of booking.
- For departure within three days of booking, the latest payment should be done one day before departure.
- For departure after 1 hour at the same-day booking, the payment should be done at least 30 minutes before departure.
- For departure within 1 hour at the same-day booking, the payment should be made immediately.
Note: For departure within 30 minutes, a refund will not be accepted after the payment.
Notice of Collecting Tickets
- T Express provides passengers to book Adult Tickets, Child Tickets, Senior Tickets, Disabled Tickets, and College Tickets. Once the Senior/Disabled Ticket has been collected from the Station Ticket Window, the identity verification will be registered, and the concession for collecting the Senior/Disabled Ticket(s) directly via T Express will be granted. The validity period for such concession begins from the second day after the day of registration until the end of the following year. If the disability certificate for passengers with disabilities expires during the validity period, the expiration date of the document shall be the validity period end date.
- Passenger can use the “Collect & Distribute” function in T Express to distribute tickets to others. The mobile phone which is used to distribute tickets will be made a priority ticket; and the rest of tickets belong to the same reservation shall also be collected through mobile phones only. Be sure that all of the companions have mobile phones and have installed "T Express" already.
- After collecting ticket, passenger can only use the same phone to access the mobile ticket (QR Code), and the ticket cannot be transferred to another phone. Please make sure which phone you may use to pass through the ticket gate before collecting ticket.
- If passengers who book tickets via T Express want to collect tickets at the convenience stores or THSR Station ticket window, you should show/insert your R.O.C. ID No. (Foreign passengers should use passport No.) and the Reservation No. while collecting tickets.
- Please take note of your departure time and complete the ticket collection procedure in advance. If passengers are unable to collect ticket on time and miss the originally booked train, no refund available.
- Note: Please refer to the relevant instructions if you want to collect tickets at our partnering convenience stores or THSR station ticket window.